Monday, March 23, 2009

You look like you could use a monkey.

For those of you who haven't heard of KinokoFry, it's an awesome webcomic by Rebecca Clements, a currently Melbourne-based artist who is phernomenal, and an awesome person. Her website is http://www.kinokofry.com

This one time, I was walking home from the pharmacy, my 20oz Pepsi and a pack of reece's pieces in a small plastic bag dangling from my right hand. I trudged through the hall, nodding my respects to creepy graffiti frowning face on the pillar. I noticed that one of the doors up ahead was dented in. I paid no heed to it, seeing as that stuff happens all the time to those doors, and continued on my way.

Suddenly, a voice spoke out behind me. "You know anything about this, boy?" I turned and looked at the owner of the voice. An older man, taller and bigger than myself, and of Hispanic heritage, was looking at me.

"Nope, can't say I do." I said, pausing and waiting for a reply.

"Here, let me give you my card." he said, moving over to his car, a big old pickup truck. I followed him cautiously. I'd seen him around before- he was the repairman or the landlord or something.I waited on the sidewalk and he handed his card to me. His breath smelled like cheap liqour, the kind the 'gangstas' outside the library drink. That stands out to me because this dude was A; repairing a door using powertools and B; driving a truck.

I still have that card around here somewhere. I should give him a call sometime. I know who did it, anyways; the kids who climb on the roof and light up at night.

- Jared

1 comment:

  1. this is a good story. tapering out at the end. you are a wonder.

    ReplyDelete