Friday, February 27, 2009

Q: Are we not men?

A: We are Devo!

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that 90% of today's society has been beaten repeatedly about the head with either the stupid stick, the stick o' corruption (when it comes to basically every single politician EVER.) or the naive/sheep stick? Hm. I mean, there's people who actually buy into the MTV philosophy.

As for slightly cheerier news, there's a small chance that I may be able to go up to New York if/when I start studying modern art! Whoohoo!

Well, since I'm out of things to rant/rave about, I'll go ahead and do my first music review! Yay! First up.. -drumroll-

Artist: The Grates
Album: Teeth Lost, Hearts Won

An awesome, pop-infused indie rock album. I can't describe their sound any better than getting beaten over the head with a chocolate bar wrapped in gold and spritzed with a lime. And they're from Australia. +10 cool points right there. And another thing; the lead singer AND the drummer, Pae and Alanna, respectively, are both lookers. ME, INFATUATED? NEVER. They're also really nice people; I've spoken with them over various online channels before. Check them out on YouTube, Twitter, Myspace, or even Blogspot.

Ah, well. I suppose I should stop dissing mankind and start planning my next post. And by planning I mean doing nothing of any worth.

-Jared

Thx4Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment